Sunday, June 28, 2009

I actually sketched this a few months ago. I had always heard of the Art Institute and meant to go check it out, and then one day on a walk, stumbled across it. They have a fantastic view from their patio/courtyard, and it was primarily empty!

Periodically, I get brave and decide to try sketching only with pen. This particular pen has a very nice olive green color, (the subtlety of the color is lost in my scan unfortunately).

Whenever I get a particularly nice piece of paper, or a fancy pen, I always suffer from a kind of "stage fright", as if I am being judged by my art materials. I think this is why some of my favorite sketches are done on cheap paper, with pencil. The end result is that I hoard. I really need to get over this because such an attitude really defeats the purpose of having quality supplies.

1 comment:

Delphine said...

Change the point of view (not the one on the drawing, it's perfect, and you caught the exact spirit)

Instead of "I deserve quality supplies"
think:
"quality supplies deserve me"

When I see such a cute sketch in such a lovely color, yes, go for it!